Thursday 21 October 2010

Final College Magazine

This is the cover of my college magazine and contents page.
For my front cover i used the main colours of black and yellow. I used two different fonts, "label" and "poplar". The main font is "label" and used the yellow theme because it reminded me of the label tape that was used in the 70's. This also links into my music magazine that i will create as Indie/rock music is associated with 70's style clothing. Both photos on the contents and cover are in the same kind of environment, surrounded by trees and quite shaded. This reflects the fact that the first issue is being issued in autumn.
I put the more important words in the bold white writing so that they stand out and draw people's attention to the headings. My target demographic for this magazine is students aged 16-19. It is aimed at a male and female audience as the colours are quite neutral and the articles on the front cover and in the contents are mixed. For example i have included sport news, which is stereotypically male news, and Hair the college musical, which is stereotypically more female news inside. It also contains articles based on college life such as Enrichment, trips, Prior's got Talent and Children in Need week. It also includes a questionnaire to find out what students like and dislike about college life.
I used a variety of conventions in my magazine. The masthead is big and is the main focus of the front cover. It takes up the majority of the top of the page and, besides the picture is the biggest feature on there. The barcode at the bottom also contains the issue number. The captions on my cover such as "who won what?" are smaller than their headings and in one font rather than varying.   

No comments:

Post a Comment